November 2, 2015
Dear Columbine Families and Friends,
Happy November! I hope that you had a great and fun weekend.
Thank you all for attending our Parent Teacher Conferences. Hopefully they were informative and productive. We had great attendance this year. If you were unable to attend, or would like to speak with another member of our faculty, please set an appointment directly with the teacher to meet during Wednesday Office Hours from 3:00- 3:30pm or at a time that works for you and for the teacher. Also, we welcome your feedback so that we can continue to improve; please keep it coming. A huge shout out to our PTA for providing dinner for our teachers and for always supporting our Columbine staff!
Following is some just in time information:
Open Communication Protocol-
A couple years ago our School Accountability Committee (SAC) developed the following communication protocol. This protocol has served us well in the past. Please access the protocol by following this LINK.
I have received a few questions from our families about students wanting to attend a middle school other than their neighborhood middle school. Next is the BVSD board policy for Open Enrollment:
The Board of Education supports a variety of high quality educational programs. Students may:
- Attend their district designated neighborhood school (based on home address)
- Open enroll to another neighborhood school
- Open enroll in a focus school (meets BVSD standards but may have a different curriculum or philosophy)
- Open enroll in a charter school (an independent school) within the district
- Through open enrollment parents/guardians may choose to enroll in a school outside of their neighborhood as long as there is sufficient programming, staff and space at the school. Parents/guardians who reside outside BVSD may open enroll their children into this district.
- Open Enrollment window opens November 30, 2015 until January 15, 2016 and you can access the 2015-2016 procedures by clicking on this LINK. If you have any questions please call the Open Enrollment office at 720-561-5900 and they will help in English or Spanish.
Our own Open Enrollment Tours are scheduled for December 4, 2015 from 9:00-10:00 and on January 7, 2016 from 11:30-12:30 and from 5:00 until 6:00.
November 5 – 9:00-1:30 Vision and Hearing screening for preschool only; PTA meeting from 5:45-7:00
November 6- End of Trimester
November 11- NO SCHOOL- Veterans’ Day
November 13- Movie Night
November 16- Vision and Hearing screening 8:45- 2:30
November 17- Picture Retake Day
November 19- 3rd Grade Musical
November 23- 27- Thanksgiving Break