Dear Families of 1st Grade Students,
My name is Ana Arroyo and I am extremely excited to work with your child and your family this year. I look forward to meeting you and working together to support your child to achieve great academic and personal growth.
Here’s a little background about me:
- I was born in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua Mexico and attended college in Metropolitan State College of Denver with a minor in Elementary Education K-6 and Major in Bilingual Education and Second Language Acquisition
- I have two sons and one daughter who is also a teacher
- I have two grandsons and one granddaughter who mean the world to me
- I love to travel and spend time with my family. We go to Disneyworld/Disneyland and Mexico almost every year!
- I have a Master’s degree in Curriculum Instruction and Planning from Lesley University from Minnesota.
- I have 30 credits from CU Boulder in The Literacy Squared Research Program
- I have taught in the United States for more then 20 years
- I have worked with children from K-2nd grades in DPS
- I was in charge of an After School Program for more then 10 years
- I have a Mexican Folkloric Dance Group of elementary age children in Denver
Most importantly, I am extremely committed to empowering your child this year to reach his or her goals and dreams. I know your child will be extremely successful if we collaborate as a team and maintain clear and consistent communication.