- We celebrate the various cultures in our school and value our community integration.
- We are one of only two schools in the district to have certified teachers on staff delivering our Talented and Gifted Program. Our two TAG teachers, who each work half time, have extensive TAG experience. One is state certified in talented and gifted programming.
- Columbine offers preschool on site and full day kindergarten.
- Our school has a biliteracy focus. All students learn to read and write in both English and Spanish. Learn more about our program here.
- We have an exceptional program of after-school activities, including a NASA science program, CLACE.
- We are very ecologically aware. We partner with the Growe Foundation and Growing Gardens to offer year round Garden to Table science curriculum in Columbine’s 33 foot diameter Growing Dome Greenhouse and in outdoor gardens. We are a Green Star School in partnership with eco-cycle.
- Our teachers are experts in differentiated instruction, providing instruction that helps every student according to their needs.
Columbine’s vision is to provide a bilingual learning community that nurtures academic excellence, encouraging each student to achieve his or her full potential as an emerging responsible citizen with the strength of character to take on the challenges of the 21st century.